West TN Law Enforcement Liaison
The Governor’s Highway Safety Office (GHSO), the Tennessee Association of Chiefs of Police (TACP), and the Tennessee Sheriffs’ Association (TSA) have joined forces to strengthen and support traffic enforcement nationwide by providing the Law Enforcement Challenge program, an innovative program designed to stimulate traffic law enforcement activities. The program targets three major traffic safety priorities: occupant protection, impaired driving, and speeding. The Law Enforcement Challenge provides law enforcement agencies with an opportunity to make a significant difference in the communities they serve. The program format allows for agencies to learn from one another and establish goals in traffic safety enforcement and education. Ultimately, the Law Enforcement Challenge is about saving lives and reducing injuries.
The Governor's Highway Safety Office will kick off a new campaign starting February 1, 2014. The SAFE Campaign is designed to increase seat belt use in Tennessee. The deadline for agencies to submit a Participation Statement is February 1, 2014. Participation Statements will not be accepted after the deadline. The eligibility criteria for the SAFE Campaign is attached and is also on the tntrafficsafety.org website.
Two (2) fully equipped police vehicles will be awarded to participating Law Enforcement Challenge agencies at the 2014 Law Enforcement Challenge Ceremony.
Additionally, a fully equipped police vehicle will be awarded at the 2014 Law Enforcement Challenge Ceremony to a qualifying agency participating in the SAFE Campaign. Power Moons will be awarded as 2nd and 3rd prizes for the SAFE Campaign.
THE DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS IS MAY 1st.
- SAFE (Seatbelts Are For Everyone) Campaign Eligibility and Participation Statement
- Nominate someone for a “Beyond the Traffic Stop” award
- View the 2013-2014 Law Enforcement Challenge information booklet!
- Watch a “How-To” instructional video tutorial
- Download the 2013 Law Enforcement Challenge Informational PowerPoint
- Click here to view the 2011 Middleton Police Department Law Enforcement Challenge book (this is for demonstration purposes only- documentation must be submitted in one of the following file formats: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, or PDF)
2013 Law Enforcement Challenge Sponsors: